Monday, September 3, 2007

Aurora





























Rendering resembling the Unisphere, by Jacob Boehme, from his Theosophia Revelata. A German cobbler and mystic, accused of heresy, what a surprise. Advised that we seek god within, not without. Died in Gorlitz Germany in 1624. View more renderings if you like this one. They deserve the word astonishing. Look for the orange table at the bottom of the page.

Once when I was meditating I saw the words the book of enoch, god is everything written on the dark space before my eyes (not in italics, however, I think it was all caps, bold.) So that's how I found Boehme, by googling images for "keys of Enoch." The lovely web. The thing that I remember reading was Boehme's opinion that the idea that god is in heaven and we are here on earth is a satanic influence (I feel better thinking of satanic as egoic - "God" would be a threat to the ego). There's no separation, he wrote. The separation is a lie. Sometimes that seems true.

No comments: