Thursday, November 8, 2007

Aquadots Recall
















We got very lucky this time. No poisonous small balls that look exactly like candy were ingested by any of my children, which would have led to vomiting and coma and who knows what else.

This news comes just in time, my toddler doesn't put stuff in her mouth, but a number of very small children will be here for her birthday party soon, and with the way those little balls wind up all around the house, GOOD GOD!! We are very very lucky to know this now.

We have to start making our own toys from recycled paper, sticks, whatever... Oh, I guess nature is dangerous too. There's nothing like common sense and intuition, though. What happens to mine? Where does it go?

The funny thing is, this toy, the Aquadots Super Studio, the blue and red gadget which you see on what you might recognize as a desk if you could see it underneath the mountain of stuff on it, was something my daughter waited for since her birthday in September. She got it in the mail about 2 weeks ago. It was on backorder for that long. How many more kids would have gotten sick if it weren't for that supply lag?

Now, I'll be shipping it off for a refund, maybe, using a bunch of those plastic bags I have shoved into the cabinet because they make excellent packing materials. Who knew, J$, that the crap I'd be filling those bags with was the kind of toxic crap I'm forever freaking out about, the stuff that's very likely being dumped directly into drinking water somewhere in China, and being ingested by small children here in the states. The kind of stuff I'm all too willing to shell out, for, again and again. Seduced, again and again: Sweet... me eat! Pretty....me want! Nifty....me get that!

No wonder I'm getting shrill. Does the temptation ever end? How many slaps of mercy will it take?

3 comments:

Angry Lab Rat said...

Wow. How many toxic and deadly Chinese-made toys need to be recalled or pried from our kids' teeth before we finally pull our industries out of China? Three recalls in as many days (AquaDots, Curious George dolls, and childrens sunglasses) makes me wonder if they are TRYING to poison our kids!

For more comments, see my blog post on this topic at: http://angrylabrat.blogspot.com/2007/11/now-china-is-giving-date-rape-drugs-to.html

amarilla said...

The glue is the Date Rape Drug, who is writing this??

The same person running the lab, no doubt.

Sorry you're angry too. Yesterday I was puttering around my house saying to myself "I feel like a lab rat."

And then I got to emeet you...

Thanks for the comment. I Like your blog so much, you've got a mind that pops like barbed wire under a...ok, you're the scientist.

Anonymous said...

heyo! i heard my name? sounds like an acceptable use for the bags.