Thursday, November 1, 2007

The Armory is Big
















15th street view. The armory no longer holds arms, as far as I know. It's immense interior is being converted into some kind of fitness center, last I heard. When I walk by and the workmen have the doors open, I love to make comments like "Wow, it's really big in there." Of course, they can't hear me, because of the hammering and so forth.

When I was trying to take this picture, I stepped backwards too far and fell over a bunch of pylons and caution tape. My daughter watched me with less worry than amusement, and I can't say I blame her. A nice man pushing a double stroller came by, he had seen me fall but all he said was "nice light." Thanks for trying to preserve my dignity, whoever you were. Although I suspect it might be a lost cause.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice pic.

Anyone know how the bidding process went? I think bids to run armory were due in early October. It would be fun to know who the bidders were if anyone has any insight.

Anonymous said...

really, i just want them to get rid of the shelter