Saturday, November 3, 2007

The Givers


















Laundercenter on Prospect Park West. My kids went in trick-or-treating, with success. I wasn't sure it would work out because I couldn't see the proprietor around anywhere inside. They also hit Farrell's and Forest Liquor, where no crowds had gathered. After he had given them candy, the old man that works at the liquor store summoned my toddler back in to give her a little teddy bear. I think one amazing thing about Halloween is how much people appreciate being given a way to give that's socially sanctioned, financially light weight, risk free and so sweet. Thanks, all you Halloween givers. I kept reminding my kids to say thank you, over and over again, and really started to sound like a shrew to myself. And then I realized that the givers didn't seem to care if the kids forgot, they weren't waiting there to pitch a fit over some kid's bad manners. They were just having a great time.







No comments: