Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The Entrance to the Recreation Center in the Armory








This is the 14th Street entrance to the armory's new Recreation Center. I noticed this banner that advertises an open house there too late, I would have liked to go. It took place yesterday at 10am. I peaked through the door, it looks very nice in there, I saw a stack of those very thick gymnastics matts that was about 20 feet high. Will world class gymnasts ever train on those?

The entrance seems welcoming, I'm glad they have glass (or plexiglass) above the doors to let in the natural light.

So, what will happen now? This place seems poised and ready to become a great asset to this community. I was glad to find out more from posts on OTBKB and the GL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would have liked to have gone too! Poor planning as usual by Community Board 6