Monday, March 24, 2008

Cheese Beads Fresh from Windsor Terrace via the Baggott Inn

He's a funny man, that Windsor Terrace neighbor of mine, Henry Tenney. I got this email from him announcing a show for his band, the Cheese Beads, which informed me that the Baggott Inn in Manhattan will be shutting down as of Saturday. His email:

Now that we’re in a recession, are you nostalgic for an earlier recession? I know I am. No, not the LAST one but the one before that?? Good. Cause we’re playing the hits from THAT recession. The recession that made us what we are today. Plus we won’t bum you out with novelty songs about terrorism, because we’re a pre-9/11 band. Hell, we’re practically a pre-Reagan band. Talk about nostalgia! But back to my original question:

Who wants to see the Cheese Beads??
You do, that’s who. Why? I’m glad you asked. Between you and me, I’ve always found your inquisitive nature really attractive. Aww, who are we kidding? We’re all adults here, right? I think it’s pretty effin’ hot the way you ask questions. OK? Crime? I don’t think so.

We are playing at the Baggott Inn in the West Village. I kind of cringe when I write that, but I’m assured it’ll be a good thing. It’s closing for good after our show so we can trash the place.

THE CHEESE BEADS! (Henry Tenney, Tim Frew, Jane Young, Trey Kay, Todd Phillips, Phillip Goetz)
DATE: Friday March 28th at 9:00 pm (a civilized hour, for once)
Baggott Inn, 82 W. 3rd Street
No or little cover (I think)

To find out all relevant info modern-style, check out: this dope-ass link: http://thecheesebeads.com/ (Who says we aren’t operating in the modern age?? Makes me pert near mad enough to take my blunderbuss down off the Victorola and shoot me a dodo being chased by a pterodactyl with a Tasmanian Tiger on its back! And then use the inevitable bloodlust to sing me a rousing chorus of Daisy, Daisy Give Me Your Answer Do whilst accompanying meself ‘pon the hurdy-gurdy!! Honestly!!!)

We’re playing with the fantasmogorical Life In a Blender at 8:00. Then we’re on at 9:00. It’s the full original band doing a full and original set of full and original songs (and possibly a cover or two). These shows are limited. Besides this one, Karnak here sees one more to go with the eventual release of our CD. But that’s about it.

In other words: COME SEE THE PENULTIMATE CHEESE BEADS GIG! EVER!

You’ll kick yourself if you miss it. And you’ll kick me if you don’t.

NOTE: My computer died and took many email addresses with it. I’m using the Address Book on my Webmail and it’s probably very out of date and full of unnecessary duplications.

If you got this more than once, I’m sorry.

Please forward it to as many people as possible. See you at the rock show (at the Baggott Inn, not the Concertgeboew).
Thanks, HT

No comments: