Saturday, March 22, 2008

Sweets for the Sweet























It was an unhealthy week in this part of Windsor Terrace. All three kids sick, their lives on hold, my life on hold. I sat in the house nursing children back to health, trying to rush away viruses that only go at their own pace, getting dumpier by the second. We needed cheering up.

I tried to make lollipops by boiling sugar and Cherry Cool Aid. The Cherry Cool Aid turned bitter at high temperatures rendering our sugar syrup unpalatable. Live and learn. I want to do an internship at the Jolly Rancher factory, where is it?

Allowing my daughter to pour thick bitter syrup all over the sugar dispenser doesn't reflect well on my parenting skills, but it sure lightened the mood around here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Jolly Rancher factory is in Wheatridge, CO, a suburb of Denver. I used to drive by all the time and you can smell what flavor they make each day. The store inside is insanely fun with flavors not sold anywhere else. Mmmm!