Monday, April 14, 2008

Stoned on Fifth















What to do first, get stoned or saved? Since Stoned, brought to us by the owners of the Rock Star Warehouse in Manhattan, opened in the slope 4 months ago we've had the option.

I must be a very good daydreamer, because for the last 2 months or so I kept daydreaming about a franchise of that place opening here. I was thinking more along the lines of Windsor Terrace, though, for my convenience. Last week when I went online to check the address for the Rock Star Warehouse I saw they'd opened a store on the northern section of Fifth Avenue. Wuh? I'm there, I thought to myself.

I was eager and apprehensive about going. I was afraid I would be slammed with boutique prices beyond my means but I actually found things I could afford. Not the $4200 quartz conglomerate by the door, no, but things... beautiful quartz crystals that serve up bundles of inspiration for only $2 bucks, for instance. A little beauty goes a long way.

Stoned was open only 2 days a week but as of this week they'll be open Wens - Fri from 3 - 7, Saturday and Sunday from 2 - 7. 82 Fifth Avenue between St. Mark's and Prospect.

Below, the Assemblee on fifth, with self-lined architecture, not far from Stoned.

4 comments:

i'mnotsayin said...

Great blog! Thanks for the link!

Alma The Seer said...

Hey there! Do you know of any other cut stone shops in Manhattan or Brooklyn? Since Stoned closed, I've searched for a good place but no results. :(

almalovelyday@gmail.com

amarilla said...

Rock Star Crystal Warehouse - Manhattan Phone 212- 675-3065150 West 28th Street - between 6-7 Ave. - 2nd Floor

CRYSTALS OPEN YOUR MIND said...

STONED in Park Slope was owned by the same people who still operate ROCK STAR CRYSTALS in midtown Manhattan. They are open 7 days a week from 1PM to 7PM. For info, their website is www.rockstarcrystalsmanhattan.com They have an even larger selection of crystals,minerals, fossils, meteorites, shells, gemstone metaphysical tools,gemstones and crystal jewelry at reasonable prices packed ceiling to floor.