Sunday, July 27, 2008

Strongmen

















I don't know who won this arm wrestling competition at Coney Island today that I heard advertised on NPR twice. I know for a fact there are pictures of it far better than this because I saw the big guns all around me. I couldn't see what was happening anyway because of the crowd. This shot was taken by my son when he was perched on his dad's shoulders. Not bad for a half pint, as they used to say on Little House on the Prairie.

Meanwhile, the one with the best view of all was paying no attention whatsoever. That guy's seen it all. But even he may be curious to see how it goes at tomorrow's Strongman Fundraiser when someone's going to try to pull a dump truck with his teeth. Too bad, I don't think he has a view of the Beer Garden.


No comments: