Thursday, September 25, 2008

The Underworld's Eyes

Does anyone know what this stuff is called? This section comes from the sidewalk on 19th by 5th Avenue.


M.Thew said...

Sidewalk lights. AKA vault lights. They let you know the ground beneath you is hollow, the building extending out towards the street at the subterranean level.

amarilla said...

vault lights, nice. I've seen these for years but never knew any of that.