Thursday, November 20, 2008

Lapse in Judgement


We found out that a fragile glass snow globe, even one from Europe, might not be the best gift for a 4 year old. There were far more tears than glass splinters, they went on, and on...

I am chagrined to admit that sometimes plastic is just the thing. This I found when scouting for a comforter at Urban Outfitters. 6 bucks, thick plastic and you can change the image whenever you feel like it. This is Nora's second installation, and I know I shouldn't judge but it's much better than the first. Of course, one snow globe is never enough, so the plan is to tape a picture to the back of a baby food jar next time. Man, have I got glitter. I'm glitter ready.

2 comments:

elysium said...

Be sure you use distilled water in that baby jar, if you want the snow globe to last. When I used to have a snow globe collection, I once refilled those where the water had evaporated with regular tap water, and some funky looking algae started to grow around the pieces of glitter. But then again, who said snow globes had to last...

amarilla said...

I love the idea of an algae globe. Some green for winter.