Thursday, February 5, 2009

fortune


This was the first cookie to ever make me cry. Yes, life is beautiful, so beautiful, a beautiful disaster. How we manage to cobble together one future out of all the possiblities, choice by choice, with all the elements holding us up and grinding us down at once, is too much to consider.

Once I get over this bummer of a cold I think I may get my sense of humor back. But no promises. In the meantime you can always click the word yellow below for a little winter warm up, or check out the starlings' beaks, now sunny for courting season.

4 comments:

Cotton Wool & Silk said...

You are balm for my soul. . .you're like a spiritual director for me. I am grateful

amarilla said...

I feel so honored!

Anonymous said...

Came across you blog and your fortune...just a reminder that we are all in this together, and we will ride that high wave of struggle, then eventually we will be in a more peaceful manageable place. So enjoy life and know that your not alone.

amarilla said...

Thanks for the encouraging words, Ajlouny.