Wednesday, October 28, 2009

rain mix





Maybe you've seen it too, dazzling yellow and gold on the wet dark ground today, under locusts, pinnates of yellow that would incinerate a Vuillard, that have a lesson even for Ofili's auras. An acquaintance passing by me in my confoundment didn't get it, I will have to choose candidates for euphoria more carefully.

On the train a friend took objection to the Horace's observation that "nothing is beautiful from every angle." She answered "Maybe a sphere." Then she taught me some new interesting words, euonym (well suited name) and caconym (badly chosen name), courtesy of her son who studies linguistics at Colorado State.

3 comments:

Matthew said...

" I will have to choose candidates for euphoria more carefully." Ain't that the truth! So often I am standing in revery and people make a wide pass, but the wise ones may see a red-tail at practically eye-level, a bee working a flower, the gossamer of a spider's web...

Robin Morrison said...

Standing in reverie over a spider web receiving a street lamp's glow earned me a hoot and a beer bottle barely missing my skull.

whesten: the dhirection frohm which cometh the whestern whind...

Brenda from Flatbush said...

Add me to the list of those who have ill-chosen their candidates for euphoria! It's surprising how many people don't want to join you when you are groveling on the earth at macro level...