Monday, March 15, 2010

Pop-tarts in Schools?

...Instead of homemade brownies? Doritos get school passes while homemade cupcakes are barred entry? I don't think so. What's being touted as an effort to protect obese children from calorie loaded goodies sounds like corporate cronyism and the efforts of a near-sighted control freak to me. I will be deeply disturbed to have to hand over my right to bake and sell for the benefit of the public schools, and it won't feel like America, or New York, it will feel like Bloombergsville and it will stink. Meet me at the rally spearheaded by NYCGREENSCHOOLS.ORG ?

BAKE-IN RALLY AT CITY HALL THURSDAY, MARCH 18TH, 4-6PM
To Protest New Chancellor Regulation Banning Home-Baked Foods from School Fundraisers
While Allowing Doritos and Pop-Tarts Instead

No comments: