Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Floethe


Last Sunday my husband and I were down in the trenches together, that is, we were cleaning out the boiler room. We survived, barely. I got really upset that he has to continue to keep his jumbo rococco lamp that we have no space for, he contested my attachment to the extra large wooden salad bowl we never use. But we made it.

In the process I rediscovered a children's book called A Picture Book of the Earth, published in 1949, written by Jerome Meyer and illustrated by someone named Richard Floethe. What a hand.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A lovely aesthetic. Organic, fantastic and even a little spooky.

amarilla said...

I like the fluidity and simplified color scheme. They don't make children's books like they used to. Oh God the superficial drivel they sell.