Monday, November 12, 2007

Lallo the Umbrella Cockatoo























Lallo lives at Petland Discount on 5th near 13th, where we went today in search of Chinchilla food. He's been for sale there for over 7 months, and recently the store dropped his price from $2,000 to $1800. When I got near his glass enclosed... cage?, he bobbed around curiously, seemingly very happy for a visitor and very willing to pose for a photograph. Maybe he'll sell soon, I don't know, but for now, he belongs to no one, and everyone, so drop by and say hi to him if you have any inclination. Don't resent the fact that with a lifespan of around 80 years he may outlive you. And try not to consider the fact that he probably thinks you look weird, being human and all. He's got to be used to all types by now, anyway.

I don't know what kind of ills are involved with the sale of tropical birds besides the obvious indulgence of putting a winged creature in a cage. I do know that life these days is so out of balance that all you have to do is put one foot on the floor in the morning and you've already blown it. And I do know that I love this lovely bird.

No comments: