Thursday, December 13, 2007

Happy Holidays Shack


















The only sign this place on Windsor has is a small one that says happy holidays. It's covered with some kind of wirey stuff and has a caged texture.

It's not unusual for tree stands to go nameless, no brand necessary to orient people to what they're getting when it comes to tree stands. You see the tree, you smell it, you get it.

When I pass by the happy holidays tree shack I feel like I'm in New Foundland, where I've never been beyond reading Annie Prouix.

8 comments:

zeebah said...

We're buying our tree there tomorrow! The people who run it seem super nice...

Anonymous said...

That's not just a tree stand -- that's our local florist -- and a very good flower shop. Not nameless either, if you go inside. Cheap and helpful -- old Brooklyn.

amarilla said...

I wonder what it's called. I'll have stop in.

amarilla said...

Just heard my friend got a 7 foot organic tree there for $60.

Anonymous said...

(I always call it "the no name flower shop" too.) I dunno if I would go so far as to call it a florist, but it's a cool little place, and I buy a ton of stuff there every spring when planting time comes. It used to be pretty slim pickings, but last Spring they really added a lot of stuff - veggies, flowers, soil, and everything.

amarilla said...

Stopped in this frigid morning. A really nice man (who was cold)was there but we had trouble communicating so I had to be very persistent to find out that the name is Windsor Florists. I can't call it "no name florist" anymore. Well, I guess I could anyway but the mystery is gone.

Anonymous said...

This flower shop is great! We got a 6 foot tree for $25. During the rest of the year, they have $5 mixed bouquets that you can split up in smaller bunches that last a long time too!

The funny thing about this shop is that it seems to be open late on weekends. I swear we've passed it at 11pm on Saturdays?

Anonymous said...

we bought our tree there too! and carried it all the way down prospect ave. thanks to zeebah for the blog tip off. :-)

mark & sarah