Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Broth





I think we've been hit by H1N1 so I'm throwing garlic at it for now. Garlic broth, to be exact, from this recipe. On this account I blanched garlic cloves for the first time ever today, which reminded me of skinning shrimp, sans the tiresome deveining. It seems I spend my whole life in the kitchen lately.

My daughter swallowed a little, she said it burned her throat. Not from heat, from garlic power. I take that as a good sign. I hear no Tamiflu is available, its probably been stockpiled, and for that matter no flu shots have been available at the pediatrician and they told me the H1N1 vaccine shipment had been canceled. Very interesting.

1 comment:

Robin Morrison said...

I think one would enjoy it more if the garlic were roasted first.

cyeri: a bouquet of roses whose stems have been wrapped in gold leaf.