Saturday, October 17, 2009

Important Information






















Went in the Postmark Cafe with my 7 year-old at a time when men working on laptops sat silently at every table, as powered by the wi fi as by the caffeine. At one point my son got punchy during the dice game we played (very quiety!) and broke into a fit of laughter that landed him on the floor. To me his laughter sounded like birds chirping over a happy mountain brook. But I have a feeling the people at work at those tables might have had a different impression. We didn't stay long. Anyway, I like this bit about turning off the faucet with your elbows which appears in this poster in the cafe's bathroom. It seems that when you accomplish that maneuver, you inevitably end up waving hello to the empty room, or yourself.

1 comment:

BestViewInBrooklyn said...

If the people who complain about children in public spaces only knew about what they don't hear due to diligent parenting.

I've wanted to stop in to the Postmark a few times, but the laptop worker bees actually kept me out. Good for them, I suppose, bad for me and the cafe, perhaps.

Love the cupcake shot, by the way.