Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Turns the Wheel


These signifiers flanked the performances of Murder in the Cathedral staged in St. Joseph's through last weekend. I was nearly floored by the articulation of their wings as well as the beauty of the choir and acoustic instrumentation that accompanied the performance. Afterwards they had to sweep me up off the floor. What can I say? Sometimes the wheel turns but does not remain still.

Senator Eric Adams was among those to introduce the event last Saturday. It was compelling to hear the articulate Adams speak of the way the play affected him when he read it years ago as a police officer. It sounds like an apt transposition to me.

1 comment:

Old First said...

My wife Melody saw this play last Thursday, and was impressed by both the performance and the church.