Friday, November 9, 2012

Dark Night






















A few days before the Hurricane, and a few days before Halloween I watched Dark Knight with my family on my son's insistence. I couldn't believe how creepy some parts of it were, I still can't. The heart of the movie though, the device in which neither boat can bring itself to blow the other up, was very bright indeed.

I have been thinking about the darkness that some here in NY are enduring, living in buildings without power and heat for over a week now. The need is great to help them and let them know that they aren't alone in this, and I have seen so many people do this. You would think that in times of such scarcity people would be imprisoned by the thought "it's either your needs or mine." That doesn't seem to be the case.

The case is that there seem to be a tremendous amount of people who make no distinction between another's suffering and their own.

So if evil wanted to mix things up here, to see what we'd do to each other, to bring us down to its level, the opposite has happened. The brightest light does shine in the darkness. I hope the governors of the city and country are swooning over the beauty of these generous citizens, who've so vigorously stepped in to help and who, though here on earth, already seen to live in heaven.

No comments: