Monday, August 27, 2007

School Shopping

It went OK. Had to park in the P2 level of the underground garage at the atlantic center. my daughter kept asking me if it was called the atlantic terminal, I kept saying it was the atlantic center. children are fun. we found a map that allowed us to share a sense of authority, turns out the building that houses the Old Navy, etc. is the atlantic center, and the building across the sky bridge, as I like to call it, is the terminal.

3 kids in one dressing room is daunting. But luckily since the beginning of the summer my smile has improved so it helped me win the kindness of the fitting room attendant, who gave us the minivan version of the dressing room. everyone was so excited to try on their pants, i got embarrassed after a while, they had come up with some kind of a new variety of song about butts, which everyone could hear them singing, so i told them they were probably scaring everyone out of the store. this didn't make a difference.

I don't know who to thank for my improved kindness, maybe the buddhists, maybe the shaman, maybe some invisible guide. I don't know. maybe my therapist(s). maybe its the fact that i'm not working (aside from 25/7 mommierge service). maybe i should thank my enemies for teaching me generosity and humility and compassion. whatever the cause I enjoy the look of relief on people's faces when they see I am not fake or distrusting person, a look that says, OK, I guess you are all right, i don't think i have to hate you. still, i know it is as if i am the tiniest figment in people's dreams, an insignificant detail in the momentum of their struggles. but that's fine. i hope each story turns out beautifully. sometimes i think god created the world simply because s/he enjoys a good narrative, a quest story. me, i'm in the mood for vampire tales.

No comments: