Thursday, September 13, 2007

Ditmas Ghost

Thanks for the Brooklyn Ghost Story!

My friends own a large Victorian home in Ditmas. After they moved in they discovered they had an apparition. I guess this is different then a ghost who haunts. The apparition would appear always at the exact same time and always do the exact same thing - walk from the front door and up the stairs. It was not cognizant and its movement never varied. She is a woman wearing a yellow dress and she is translucent. Even the cat could see her and will often hiss and puff up when she makes her evening appearance. Many people have seen this apparition since the time she walks up the stairs is dinnertime. The house might also have a ghost but they really don't think about it. One night a chandelier started shaking violently. It was as if there was an earthquake but only the chandelier was being effected. My friend had had a long week and was beat and she shouted "oh KNOCK IT OFF" and the shaking instantly ceased. I guess that is it. If I tell you the next part my friend will recognize herself in the story and might get pissed.

2 comments:

maribel said...

hi amy

i wanna have dinner at your friend's house.

c'mon tell us the next part, my guess is that your friend already recognized herself in the story, not everybody has a lady ghost in a yellow dress!

vegas said...

I would tell it if I knew it. Sorry...