Tuesday, July 8, 2008

July Blue



From inside the stuffy minivan I've been gazing at the chicory which blooms by the side of the highways, wanting to get my grubby paws on it. I finally came across some I could access with convenience, behind a dry cleaners next to the Patuxet River, growing near a dumpster giving off a smell worse than anything I've smelled in Brooklyn. Proof that the city doesn't own stink.

Back to beauty. I just experienced one of those great wikipedia neural expansions reading about this plant, a motif German romantics RAN WITH. I won't bother you with a summary, which would be inadequate, and since I'm feeling too feklempt tonight anyway to try. I'll just mention my favorite part; in European folklore this plant was believed to have the ability open locked doors.

No comments: