Thursday, August 7, 2008

fire and water


Before I did anything else today, for some reason I reached for my volume of poetry by Hafiz which has been gathering dust there on the shelf by my bed for about a year. I might as well have reached for a bottle of 200 proof, I've been a bit tipsy since then. So forgive me if this post is a little heavy handed!

I found these flowers on Reeve St. before all the rain evaporated from their petals- I don't know what they're called, so I'm calling them Le Roi for now, or Leroy, if you prefer, because of all that solar power. Maybe you mystics out there will enjoy this poem by Hafiz I later came across, which keeps well with my Reeve St. friend.


No Other Kind of Light

Find that flame, that existence
That Wonderful Man
Who can burn beneath the water

No other kind of light
Will cook the food you need



From The Subject Tonight Is Love

No comments: