Friday, January 18, 2008

And God Said "@#%&ing Slow Down!"

I know because I heard her. But she didn't say @#%&ing, I added that. Sorry God.

A Daily News story reports that construction worker Yurley Lanskey may have died because "supports were pulled away from wet cement too soon."

I heard a brief comment on NPR the other day regarding the dangers of how we do cement work here in NYC, something to the effect that here we try do in 2 days what in other places requires 4. Did anyone else here that?

Perhaps Yurley's death can do for construction safety and building integrity what Nixmary's did for child safety. And perhaps if people would just slow down and think no one would have to die like that. I know it's not easy to do though. It's monstrously expensive, for one thing. Living with conscience is dauntingly expensive.

No comments: