Thursday, August 9, 2007

Where's My Sleepy Husband?





















On Tuesday I took the car (picture minivan, not SUV) into the Giuffre Autogroup in Bay Ridge for a tune up, the airbag light was lit, the engine light was lit, and we will be needing to drive to Maine at the end of the week, so it seemed like a good idea. I got there later than hoped, at about 8, and already the place was well in swing. While I waited at the desk, I could see that the people who work there were overwhelmed. Someone called, and the man who was helping me took the call somewhat reluctantly. I know the feeling, sometimes it just feels like it's too early for other people's agendas. The call was quick, a man asking when his car would be ready. Then suddenly the guy was talking to another person on the phone saying "Yes, Mrs. Roberston, he's here, don't worry, he's just taking a nap, he'll be home soon."

I really wanted to know who was at the mechanics taking a nap at 8 in the morning. He didn't mind telling me. "That was this old woman, looking for her husband. He is always either at OTB or here, napping." I was wondering where someone could snooze around there, and then I started noticing all these weird little lounges and meeting rooms.

So, if you need your car fixed, and you want to nap while you wait, now you know where to go.

Today I picked up the car, and while I was trying to examine the bill, my son was singing a song to his little sister, which went something like "My darling, my dear, I hope you survive our life." Made it pretty hard to concentrate.

No comments: