Sunday, September 9, 2007

Happy 999

Today's my oldest daughter's 10th birthday, falling on 999 (2007=9) this year, an excellent date. Very harmonic, or something. Numerologically, I'm a number 9, which means....I'm a late bloomer. At least I'm not a lost cause.

There's lots of things I could do to celebrate 999. What I'm feeling is this, from Path of the Feather.
Medicine wheels are good for Brooklyn. Among the things I will be praying to the Great Spirit for is to be less of an a-hole.

I hope
it's a good day for everyone, not boring. May your joy spiral harmonically. Already, the kids are fighting over the Oriental Trading catalog just to view the Halloween candy selection. I'm not planning on ordering anything. We just read it like a Ripley's Believe it Or Not. For instance, can you believe you can now order gummy spiders with blood red egg sacks? How about gummy corpse fingers in a french fry box? If we were still being chased around by wild animals we wouldn't have to order our gore from China. And it wouldn't taste sweet. There's trade offs in life. No offense to China or Oriental Trading, but in light of recent events, I want reassurance that it's sugar that makes the candy blood sweet.


No comments: